Child and Dependent Care Resources
UT Dallas has contracted with the Workplace Options resource and referral service to help you balance the responsibilities of work and everyday life. Workplace Options is free to students and provides you with a range of resource and referral services to address child care and daily living needs:
- Child Care: child care provider resources, parenting articles, child development and well-being tips
- Adoption: domestic and international adoption resources, legal/financial considerations, post-adoption services, adoption attorneys
- Education: public and private K-12 school information, tutoring programs
- Elder Care: senior housing, a home care and adult day care locator, caregiver support resources
- Daily Living: pet-sitting, relocation, consumer purchases, errand services, entertainment
- Wellness: diet and nutrition information, smoking cessation, personal health assessments
- Legal/Financial: downloadable legal documents, financial calculators, online articles, tips and learning opportunities.
- Webinars and articles: work-life topics such as helping children succeed in school, bullying, balancing work/family, technology overload, good sleep habits
To use the program, log into Galaxy and choose the option under "My Menu: Child Care & Life Resources."
Download WorkPlace Options flyer for more details.
Additional Resource: Search for child care centers and in-home licensed providers
UT Dallas Evening Child Care
The Dallas International School (DIS) provides on-campus, evening child care jointly with UT Dallas Student Affairs. The child care facility is located on the second floor of the Student Union, SU 2.510 and open Monday-Thursday from 3:30-10:00 p.m.
Parents who attend classes are eligible for child care services during their class hours. The child care service provides quality care for children ages 4 to 11.
The cost is $6 per child per evening.
Pre-registration is required; drop-in service is not available.
For more information about the UT Dallas Evening Child Care, including registration information, please visit their website.
UT Dallas Center for Children & Families
The UT Dallas Center for Children and Families, housed in the School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences, promotes optimal child development by enhancing research, practice and outreach. The center offers an array of clinical and community outreach activities, organized around three initiatives: parenting healthy families, strengthening interpersonal relationships and enhancing thinking and learning.
We currently offer:
- Resource and Referral Program: free phone consultations, resources, and referrals to help address a broad array of child and family issues. Referrals include: developmental assessment professionals, physical therapy, speech/language therapy, mental health professionals, etc.
- Infant Development Program: free developmental screenings for children ages 0-5 in both English and Spanish to identify developmental problems and connect families with needed services and to prevent developmental problems by providing guidance in the course of the screening
- Juega Conmigo (“Play with Me”) Program: free weekly playful learning classes for children ages 0-3 and their parents/caregivers in both English and Spanish. Bilingual developmental specialists share information and facilitate play and learning activities using toys, music, and movement.
- Additional resources include a child development program and hearing screening services offered through the Callier Center.
The UT Dallas Center for Children and Families, is housed in the School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences.
For more Information about The UT Dallas Center for Children and Families you can go to their website or call 972-883-4782.