The Student Union & Activities Advisory Board (SUAAB) is a student leadership group that offers a variety of events to promote student participation, including the UT Dallas Homefest, Springapalooza, comedians, concerts and more.
SUAABies of the Month
Ishan "Ish" Shezad
Chair of the Month - Traditions Chair
Sophomore, Global Business and Marketing
Fun Fact: He loves meeting new people and playing music with strangers.
Frederick "Freddy" Ezeala
Committee Member of the Month
Fun Fact: He could not imagine himself doing anything but directing.
The Chair of the Month honor is given to the Chair that goes above and beyond the call of duty, to ensure all executive chair members have the help they need, in order to put on awesome events!
In addition to being shown here on our website, their lovely face will be shouted out on our social media, @UTDSUAAB.
Interested in SUAAB?
Executive Council members design, coordinate and execute small and large-scale programs, while learning skills necessary to be an efficient and effective leader.
Committee Members join one of five committees:
- The Speakers Chair designs and implements programming in terms of speakers, poetry events, and other programs that highlight contemporary voices.
- The Variety Chair designs and implements events, which can include magicians, hypnotists, novelty acts, comedians, and other unique performers.
- The Traditions Chair designs and implements programming that reflects the spirit and values of UT Dallas in addition to highlighting current university-wide traditions such as Welcome Week and Homecoming.
- The Music Chair designs and implements programming in terms of student spotlights, musical performances, and other programs that provide new experiences to the UT Dallas community.
- The Marketing Director designs and implements marketing campaigns for all events and oversees all graphic design, promotional material, social media, website, and campus marketing efforts.