Texas Success Initiative (TSI)
The SSC Testing Center administers the TSI Assessment. If you have questions about the TSI Assessment, please call our office, 972-883-6707.
For complete TSI Assessment information download the STUDENT INFORMATIONAL BROCHURE from the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.
* To take the TSI Assessment at UT Dallas, you must be admitted
as a UT Dallas student.
* You MUST COMPLETE ALL steps to confirm your TSI Assessment registration.
- VERIFY which sections of the TSI Assessment you need to take with the TSI Coordinator, Amanda Montgomery: Email: [email protected]
- COMPLETE the required:
(You will NOT be permitted to schedule a test date without the completion of this activity. It explains important information about the TSI Assessment and offers practice links to familiarize yourself with the test content.)
- PAY for the required sections: MARKETPLACE
- SCHEDULE a test date and time: RESERVE-A-SEAT
- ARRIVE at the Testing Center for your scheduled time and date – basement of McDermott Library, MC 1.401, for your scheduled TSI Assessment. Bring a photo ID.
- Approximate testing time for each section of the TSI Assessment is 1.5 – 2 hours
- Fees: 1 section : $18
2 sections: $36
3 sections: $54
- Test is offered: Pending availability, throughout the year.
The Testing Center hours change throughout the year. The “Reserve-A-Seat” system will allow you to see availability for the TSI Assessment.
TSI Assessment College Ready Cut-Scores
Mathematics – 350
Reading – 351
Writing – Essay score of 5 OR essay score of 4 and Multiple Choice of 363
Testing Room Restrictions
- cell phones
- electronic devices
- purses or bags
- food or drinks
The Testing Center has lockers available to secure your belongings while taking a test in the testing center.
Note: Examinees for all UT Dallas-administered tests are required to show proof of identification, and absolutely no electronic devices (e.g. cell phones, pagers, PDAs, etc.), purses or bags of any kind, and food or beverage are not allowed in the testing room. UT Dallas is not responsible for items left outside the testing area.