Procedures for Arranging an Individual Proctored Exam
Students who need to make individual arrangements for a proctored exam using a testing service, must follow these procedures:
- Find a testing service that is willing to proctor your exam. See U.S. and foreign locations that have previously been used by our online students. (If you find other facilities that meet the requirements, you may use them as well). If attending a proctored exam at one of the pre-approved locations is not possible, students may request an alternative testing facility by contacting the UT Dallas Testing Center at TestingCenter@utdallas.edu. The UT Dallas Testing Center will determine and inform the student as to the acceptability of the site.
- Inform the course instructor that a proctored exam will be arranged with a testing service. Do this before the date specified in the course syllabus. Approval to take a proctored test outside of the UT Dallas Testing Center ultimately comes from the student’s instructor. It is your responsibility to schedule your proctored exam at another proctored location. Your Proctored Exam Applications must be submitted online 3 weeks prior to the first day of your exam scheduled date. Late submission will not be processed after this date and you will need to contact your instructor for approval.
- Complete a Proctored Exam Application. Please complete all information in the required fields. Use one application for each exam. Once you submit this form an email will be sent to your proctor with a link to confirm that they will indeed proctor your exams. Once they confirm, we will receive the testing center information (it is our protocol to receive their information this way - it helps with the documentation process). Also, you will receive an email from the UT Dallas Testing Center informing you of your proctor’s confirmation. Please contact your proctor if you do not receive this confirmation within 2 weeks. Once we have received their confirmation, the application process is complete and the test/test information will be sent to them 4-5 days prior to your exam date.
- The UT Dallas Testing Center will contact your proctor via the UT Dallas Testing Center Exam Download Page. This will generate an email to the proctor. The email will come from the TestingCenter@utdallas.edu email address and the subject will be "Download Instructions: UT Dallas Proctored Exam." The email will have the instructions for the proctor to access the test materials. The test materials will include a cover sheet packet with all the instructions and the test/test information.
- Students are responsible for scheduling the exam with the exam proctor and paying all applicable proctoring fees, including any mailing fees for the return of the exam.
- Take the exam as scheduled (within the required exam time window) at the testing location under the supervision of the proctor. The student will need to show a valid photo ID to the proctor.
- Both the student and the proctor will sign a document upon finishing the exam to certify that the examination has been administered and completed in accordance with the identified regulations.
If the test is on paper:
If the test is online:
- The proctor must scan the completed test and email it back to TestingCenter@utdallas.edu immediately after the test is completed.
- The original paper exam must be sent back to the UT Dallas Testing Center by mail immediately.
This will confirm the completion of your exam.
- Please have the proctor email the UT Dallas Testing Center with the signed cover sheet packet.
If the test is a paper format (opposed to online), please make sure the exam is received at our office by the deadline specified in the course syllabus to allow timely grade reporting.
- Students will need to arrange with the proctor for the return of the exam if it is paper format:
The University of Texas at Dallas
Student Success Center, Testing Center
800 W. Campbell Road, MC 24
Richardson, TX 75080-3021
For questions contact the
UT Dallas Testing Center: 972-883-2460 or TestingCenter@utdallas.edu