Staff Council sponsors scholarships to support staff members pursuing academic and vocational programs. In addition
to Staff Council fundraising activities, two endowed scholarships provide funding for UTD staff scholarships:
The UTD Staff Council Endowed Scholarship which was established in 2006 by Staff Council fundraising
activities and matching funds from UT Dallas.
The Joellyn (Jody) Nelsen Staff Council Endowed Scholarship which was established in 2008 in honor
of Jody Nelsen, a founding member of Staff Council who served UT Dallas for 17 years.
All staff members who meet the following criteria may apply:
- Attending community colleges, universities or accredited vocational schools
- Minimum of six months of employment at UT Dallas
- Benefits Eligible (50 percent or more)
- Maintain an overall GPA as follows:
- 2.5 GPA – Undergraduate
- 3.0 GPA – Graduate
- Complete official application by stated deadline
- Fall Semester: September 15
- Spring Semester: February 15
Apply for Staff Scholarship
- UTD Staff Scholarships in the amount of $250 are awarded per recipient, per semester.
- Staff Council may distribute up to 70 percent of the scholarship fund per semester.
- Members of the Benefits Committee will serve as the Scholarship Committee and will select a Scholarship
from within the Benefits Committee. The Chair will act as a coordinator and will not be a voting member of
Scholarship Committee. Staff Council members and Benefits Committee members cannot participate in the award
process if they are an applicant.
- All applicants will have an assigned number to ensure anonymity.
- The Scholarship Committee will evaluate applicants according to the established criteria and recommend the
number of scholarship awards at a general Staff Council meeting for approval of the membership.
- Applicants will be notified if selected for a scholarship. Recipients must present of an official transcript
the committee as proof of fulfilling all required criteria. The transcript is due within 15 days of the end
the fall/spring semester.
- Staff Council will disburse funds within 30 days of the end of the fall/spring semester.
View Past Scholarship Recipients