Student Affairs Gaming Wall
Policies & Procedures
In an effort to promote community engagement, Student Affairs has installed a gaming wall on the second floor of the Student Services Addition. This entertainment unit is accessible to students during regular SSA building hours (Monday-Sunday, 7 a.m.-1:30 a.m.), under the supervision of building staff. The system has pre-loaded games and TV channels for student use, as well as an optional HDMI port allowing students to stream their own content. Below are policies and procedures for use of the gaming wall.
- Hours of operation are 7 a.m.-1:30 a.m.
- Time limits may be set depending on the volume of students requesting access to the wall. These limits will be determined by on-duty staff.
- When connecting a device to the display, students will need to request approval from the front desk attendant, who will have password access to the locked input.
- Connected devices should not be used to stream inappropriate content.
- Due to copyright restrictions, streaming services such as Netflix and Hulu cannot be connected to the gaming wall at this time.
- Students may bring games to be played on the Xbox One S. Staff will review the game to ensure content is appropriate for streaming on the feature wall and insert or remove the disk from the game system.
Student Services Addition staff reserve the right to revoke access to the gaming wall at any time.
Note: Building staff will hold a student’s Comet Card while the student uses the controller, remote or connects to the HDMI port. Additionally, an Excel spreadsheet will log student use of the gaming wall.
Games with drug references, nudity, excessive violence or language are not permitted.
- Xbox One S
- HDMI for personal device plugin
Available for Checkout
All game content by Student Affairs is digital and pre-loaded onto the system, including:
- FIFA 17
- Forza Horizon
- Rocket League
- Star Wars Battlefront
Xbox One S controllers and Roku remote are available for checkout with a valid Comet Card.