Peer Advisors (PA) are UT Dallas student employees who live on campus and provide University Village residents with personal, academic and housing-related peer support.
Residential Life employs upperclassman students in this leadership role. PAs are assigned to the residence halls and various apartment buildings within University Village. Students selected as PAs go through an extensive training period to fully prepare them for their role as a PA.
View the offical Peer Advisor Job Description →
The PA lives with his or her designated community and provides various resources to residents:
- Community building through individual interactions and group activities.
- Knowledge about campus resources, including UT Dallas policies and procedures.
- Resource to help with conflict mediation between roommates.
- On-call services to respond to after hours or emergency concerns.
Become a Peer Advisor
The process to become a PA for the fall semester begins in the prior spring semester. If you are interested, "Like" the Interested in Being a UTD Peer Advisor? Facebook page for more information.
Download the Peer Advisor Application
2013 Interest Sessions*
All students interested in applying to be a PA MUST attend an interest session. These sessions are a great chance to meet current peer advisors and coordinators. The sessions cover PA job requirements and the application process. Interest sessions are a good chance for applicants to ask questions of current PAs and the coordinators who supervise them.
There are no more interest sessions for the current application process.
- Nov. 5 — Application available.
- Dec. 2 at 9 p.m. in the Clark Center Lobby — PA Mixer! Get to know current PAs and ask questions (not required).
- Dec. 4 — Applications due at the Residence Hall North front desk for students interested in applying for spring 2014 positions.
- Dec. 4 — Applications are due to the Residence Hall North front desk for students interested in applying for Fall 2014 positions.
- Dec. 5-11 — Interviews for those interested in a spring 2014 position.
- Jan. 17 — Group process (all applicants required to attend), Residence Hall North.
- Jan. 20-30 — 1st round interviews (all applicants required to attend). Interviews take place in Residence Hall Southwest. Check-in will take place in the Residence Hall Southwest classroom.
* Dates are subject to change. Please refer to the Facebook Page for the latest information.