Power Dancers is the official dance team of UT Dallas. We perform for varsity games, make special appearances on campus throughout the school year, and provide a great source of school spirit. We perform hip hop, jazz, and a variety of other dance styles. We also provide an opportunity for students to exert initiative, leadership, and creativity.
Power Dancers at UT Dallas also enjoy priority enrollment, which means you are the first to enroll per semester no matter your classification.
Auditions will be held Thursday, April 28 in the Student Union Faculty/Staff Dining Hall from 7-10 p.m.
- Submit your Power Dancer Application online by April 27.
- Read the 2016 Power Dancers Auditions (pdf) for details on tryout attire and judging criteria.
- Incoming freshmen are eligible to tryout for the 2016-2017 Power Dancers team.
For more information, contact Jacy Barney at firstname.lastname@example.org or 972-883-2483.
To be eligible, students:
- Must be enrolled at UT Dallas full-time (minimum of 12 hours).
- Must have a medical insurance and proof of coverage.
- Must have your Comet Card.
- Must be in good academic standing with a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA.
Incoming freshmen are also eligible to audition for the Power Dancers team.
Power Dancers practice 7-10 hours per week during the regular academic year. Practices consist of technique training, learning choreography and rehearsing for performances.
During the fall, practices are scheduled for 7:15-9:45 a.m. on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Dancers will also be expected to workout throughout the week. In the spring, additional rehearsal days will be added to prepare for nationals in Daytona, Florida.
Power Dancers Coach
Request an appearance for Power Dancers to attend your event.