Power Dancers is the official dance team of UT Dallas. We perform for varsity games, make special appearances on campus throughout the school year, and provide a great source of school spirit. We perform pom, hip hop, jazz, and a variety of other dance styles. We also provide an opportunity for students to exert initiative, leadership, and creativity.
Power Dancers at UT Dallas also enjoy priority enrollment, which means you are the first to enroll per semester no matter your classification.
Saturday, Sept. 19
- Workshop 1 — 10 a.m.-Noon Auxiliary Gym, tryout routine taught (mandatory)
- Workshop 2 — 1-2:30 p.m. Auxiliary Gym
- Tryouts — 3:30 p.m. Multipurpose Room Green (mandatory)
Sunday, Sept. 20
- Tryouts — 1 p.m. Multipurpose Room (mandatory)
- Attire — Game Day hair and makeup, black dance pants/leggings and solid color tank top
For questions, please call 972-883-6159.
To be eligible, students:
- Must be enrolled at UT Dallas full-time (minimum of 12 hours)
- Must have a medical insurance and proof of coverage
- Must have your Comet Card
- Must be in good academic standing with a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
Membership to the team requires a substantial amount of commitment and dedication. Practices are mandatory and will be held weekly on:
- Tuesdays, 7:30-9 a.m.
- Wednesdays, 8-10:30 p.m.
- Fridays, 7:30-9 a.m.
Attendance to all home basketball games are required, as well as various events throughout the year.
Request an appearance for Power Dancers to attend your event.