The Field Operations Division functions as the tactical operations division for the department. The commissioned police officers are the most publicly visible representatives of the department and are dispatched by police communications operators by radio.
As the primary responsibility of this division, UT Dallas officers are on constant patrol of the campus to prevent crime, to preserve the peace, and to protect life and property by enforcing the Texas state laws, and The University of Texas Regents Rules and Regulations.
UT Dallas police officers patrol the campus by car and foot. Uniformed police officers provide safety to students living in campus housing by monitoring resident's late-entry access, checking exterior doors and patrolling halls.
Complete requirements are available from UT System.
- Police Cadet - 6339 (Word)
- Police Officer - 6337 (Word)
- Police Officer I - 6336 (Word)
- Police Officer II - 6335 (Word)
- Police Officer III - 6333 (Word)
- Police Officer IV - 6332 (Word)
- Application for employment
- Written examination and physical fitness test
- Personal history statement, pre-employment polygraph questionnaire, and conditional offer of employment
- Oral interview board
- Background investigation
- Polygraph examination
- Medical, extended physical, and vision examinations
- Psychological exam
- Drug screening
The application process takes approximately 4-6 months.
The University of Texas at Dallas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status, or sexual orientation.