To get started, choose from the options above.
Find your Mac address
- Open the Command Prompt.
- Type ipconfig -all.
- Hit Enter.
- Take note of your Physical Address and IP Address if desired.
- Choose Ethernet from the options to the left.
- Take note of your IP Address if desired.
- Click Advanced.
- Go to the Hardware tab.
- The Mac Address is listed at the top.
- Open a new Shell Prompt.
- Type ifconfig -a or alternatively ip link
- Hit Enter.
- Your MAC Address will be listed as either HWaddr or eth0
Find your MAC address for TemocNet
- With your Apple TV remote, navigate to the Settings icon and select it
- From the Settings menu, select General
- Under General, select Network
- Your MAC address will be next to either Wi-Fi Address or Ethernet Address depending on whether you are connected to the internet via Wi-Fi or a Wired connection.
- Click on your account picture on the taskbar
- Click on the Wi-Fi button
- Click on the i icon in the top right of the window
- Your MAC Address will be listed here
Fire Stick/Fire TV
- From the Fire TV or Fire TV Stick’s home screen, scroll down to Settings
- Scroll to the right and select System
- Scroll down to and select About
- Scroll down to Network. Your Fire TV or Fire TV Stick’s MAC addresses will be listed here
- Start the PlayStation 3 with no disc inserted
- Select System Settings
- Select System Information
- The third line will be the MAC Address
Note: The MAC address for the Wi-Fi and Wired connection are the same for PS3 systems
- On the XMB, arrow up to the very top until you see the XMB Menus
- Scroll over to the right and select Settings
- Select Network
- Select View Connection Status
- From this area, you can get the WiFi and Ethernet MAC Address
- From the Home screen, select Settings
- Select About
- Both of the devices Wi-FI and Wired MAC addresses will be displayed if available.
- Navigate to the System Settings
- Select Network Settings
- Select Configure Network
- Under Basic Settings, check to make sure IP Settings is on Automatic
- Select the Additional Settings Tab
- Select the second item, Advanced Settings
- Toward the bottom of the screen you should see the MAC Address
Note: The MAC address for the Wi-Fi and Wired connection are the same for Xbox 360 systems
- Select Settings
- Select Network
- Select Advanced Settings
- Both the Wired and Wireless MAC addresses will be listed
Wired Non-Residential CometNet Connection
- To register your MAC address for wired campus use, please email [email protected]tdallas.edu or create a ticket with the following information:
- MAC Address:
- Registration type – Personal or UTD device Asset Number:
- Location of Machine (office/room number):
- Please be sure to enter the MAC address only as hexadecimal numbers. If your MAC address is 00:11:22:AA:BB:CC, you would enter it below as 001122AABBCC.
- MAC address registrations take approximately 24 hours to complete.
Note: It is no longer necessary to register MAC addresses for use on the wireless networks.
TemocNet and Wired Residential Internet
- This is for wired and wireless TemocNet in the dorms and apartments. This will not work for academic building wired connections. Please register these devices for a CometNet wired connection using the CometNet registration instructions.
- Open your preferred web browser and go to the TemocNet Registration tool
- Log in with your NetID and Password.
: You must be either connected to CometNet or the UTD VPN
to access the TemocNet Registration tool.Further, you will only be able to register devices through the desktop version of the site. The mobile site is not yet developed.
- Click Register TemocNet Device
- Fill in the required fields as follows:
- Device Type
- Device MAC Address
- Serial Number (Optional but recommended)
- Description (Optional)
- Click Update
- Click Yes on the pop up box