Enroll in NetIDplus (Duo)
This guide will show how to setup NetIDplus (Duo) if you have not previously enrolled.
- Go to the NetIDplus Console and login with your NetID and password.
- Enter your UTD-ID and Date of Birth on the next page and select Submit.
- Select Start Setup to begin your enrollment.
- Select the type of device that you would like to add as your 2-Factor device and select Continue.
- Note: For your convenience, it is recommended that this be your mobile phone, where feasible. This would ensure you have access to your 2-Factor method as often as possible, and allows for multiple methods of using Duo (Push notifications, SMS, and Phone Call)
- If you selected either the Mobile Phone or Landline option, you will need to enter your phone number and follow the ensuing instructions.
- If you selected a Tablet, you will need to choose the type of tablet you have and follow the instructions for installing the Duo Application.
- Once you have successfully setup a device with your account, you can choose to add another device or what the default Duo behavior is for your account. Once done, select Continue to Login.
- Choose the method you want to use to authenticate using Duo and confirm once it takes place. Once you have successfully authenticated with Duo, you will see a green banner appear at the bottom of the Duo window indicating your Enrollment was successful.
- Note: If you chose a default method on the previous screen, this will automatically be selected for you on this prompt.
- You are all set! All of your future Duo-protected logins will appear in this format for ease-of-use and continuity.
Security and Access > Authentication Management
Article 821 | Last Reviewed 9/17/2020 2:24 PM