UT Dallas Closing Dec. 22 Through Jan. 2 for Winter Holidays
The University will officially close for the winter holidays on Thursday, Dec. 22, and reopen Tuesday, Jan. 3. Some offices and venues will remain open to students throughout the semester break; others have limited hours of operation. The University Police Department will remain open 24/7.
All food service venues will be closed Dec. 23 until Jan. 2; a few venues will reopen on Jan. 3 with limited service hours until Jan. 13. The Dining Hall is closed Dec. 17 after breakfast and reopens Jan. 12 at 5 p.m. The Pub is closed until Jan. 16. (See full schedule below.)
Through Jan. 16, the Comet Cruiser will operate Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. stopping on campus at 15 and 45 minutes past each hour. The current one-bus Saturday service is unaffected during the break.
During this period, the Comet Cruiser will not service Waterview Science and Technology Center or the Research and Operations Center. Friday service to Walmart will also be discontinued during the break.
No DART or Comet Cruiser services will operate on Christmas Day or New Year’s Day. DART and Comet Cruiser routes will operate on Jan. 16, although the University is closed in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day. All Comet Cruiser routes will resume regular service on Jan 17.
Hours for other offices and venues during the break are as follows:
- The Activities Center is closed Dec. 22 through Jan. 2.
- The Bursar’s Office will be closed Dec. 22 through Jan. 2. The early payment deadline for Spring 2012 is Dec. 21.
- The Career Center, Counseling Center and the Office of Admission and Enrollment Services will be closed Dec. 22 through Jan. 2. Students with questions regarding enrollment or admissions can email [email protected]
- The University Bookstore resumes full hours on Jan. 3.
- Waterview Apartments will keep regular office hours with the exception of closings on Dec. 26 and Jan. 2.
- University Village offices will be closed Dec. 23-26, and Jan. 1-2.
Beginning 5 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 21, electricity will be cut off to various buildings across campus so crews can perform Facilities Management’s annual winter break maintenance program. For safety, no one will be allowed into the affected buildings during the outages without prior notification and authorization of the UT Dallas Police Department. A number of campus buildings will also be without heat while work is performed. More information here.
Food Service During the Holidays
|Papa John’s||Chef’s Table||Salad Bar||Coffee Corner (SOM)||Novel
All food service venues closed Dec. 23, through Jan. 2.
|Jan. 12||Open 5||8-5||8-5||11-8||11-2||11-2||8-9||11-8||8-3|
Media Contact: The Office of Media Relations, UT Dallas, (972) 883-2155, [email protected].