Facilities Open Under Adjusted Hours During Spring Break
Spring break lasts from March 10 to 16 for UT Dallas students, and many University facilities will operate under restricted schedules during this time. Details are below.
Classes resume Monday, March 18. Consult the University academic calendar for details.
The Dining Hall closes at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, March 8, and will reopen Sunday, March 17, at 11 a.m. During the break, meal plan holders may use a dining hall pass for up to $8 per meal at the following Comet Cafe eateries from March 9-16:
- Chef's Table
11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., March 11 – 15
8 a.m. – 3 p.m., – March 11 – 15
10:30 am. – 5:30 p.m. March 9 – 10
11 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., March 11 – 15
10:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m, March 16
The Eugene McDermott Library hours are as follows:
- 12 p.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday, March 10
- 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, March 11-15
- Closed Saturday, March, 16
On Sunday, March 17, the library will resume its regular hours of operation.
UT Dallas Comet Cruiser
Buses on both Comet Cruiser routes will run on modified schedules during spring break. The temporary schedules, in effect March 11 through March 15, are as follows.
- Buses will pick up riders starting at 7 a.m. at the President George Bush Turnpike station and at the McCallum Boulevard stop. Service halts at 11 p.m.
- Riders can board at the UT Dallas Berkner stop 15 and 45 minutes past each hour.
- Although no direct Plano Walmart service will be available on March 15, riders can still transfer to DART bus 451 on Coit Road.
- Bus service hours will be every 30 minutes from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m., and 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
See the Parking and Transportation website for more information about the bus service.
Schedule for March 9-17, 2013:
- Saturday: 8 a.m.- 8 p.m.
- Sunday: Noon – 10 p.m.
- Monday-Friday: 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
The Climbing Wall is closed for all of spring break.
The University Police Department will remain open throughout spring break.
Media Contact: The Office of Media Relations, UT Dallas, (972) 883-2155, [email protected].