Virtual Certificate of Diversity and Inclusion (For Spring and Summer 2020)
The goal of the Certificate of Diversity and Inclusion (CDI) is to help all students understand the basic building blocks of diversity and inclusion; foster a campus culture of acceptance; and highlight university resources that will aid in these processes. This certificate was developed by the Living Learning Communities program in partnership with the International Center, Multicultural Center, and Galerstein Gender Center. It is open to all students enrolled at UT Dallas.
Because UT Dallas has moved all instruction and programming to a virtual format, the CDI will be offered online for the remaining of the spring and summer semesters of 2020. Students must complete the certificate requirements in one semester.
Requirements to Participate
- Complete the online Diversity 101 module.
- Participate in at least three online engagements (virtual events).
- Document event attendance by completing a submission form.
Note: For those of you who are in process and have attended in person events, you can still complete the CDI. Please reach out to us directly for a personal curriculum at [email protected].
The LLC Department will email a copy of the presentation to you. Upon completion of the module, you will take a brief quiz to demonstrate your understanding of the material.
Students must participate in two different types of online engagements for a total of three engagements. The LLC hosts bi-weekly online events which count towards these requirements.
Types of online engagements include:
- Virtual events hosted online by the LLC Department or another UT Dallas department such as Podcast Listen Parties, Documentary Watch Parties, Topic Discussions, or trainings.
- Discussion posts via the Certificate of Diversity and Inclusion eLearning section or LLC social media. Choose a discussion topic and write one response to the original post and one response to another person's post. If you are interested in being added to the CDI eLearning organization, please email the LLC department email.
- Writing submissions such as a blog-style piece, reflection, or response on a topic related to diversity and inclusivity. Send your writing submissions to [email protected].
Many UT Dallas departments are currently offering relevant, virtual events including the Galerstein Gender Center, Multicultural Center, and Student Counseling Center. This list is not exhaustive and evolving.
For questions regarding qualified events, please email us directly at [email protected].
Document Event Attendance
All participants must log their event hours using the submission form.
For assistance with logging your hours, please contact the LLC office at [email protected].