Troubleshooting Electronic Reserves
1. Most browsers are supported:
- Internet Explorer (IE 10 users should turn on Compatibility View)
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
2. There is no specific support for mobile devices or tablets. Tablets should be set on Portrait not Landscape View.
3. Cookies must be enabled.
4. Pop-up blockers must be disabled.
5. Use the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader for pdf files. Download the latest version.
6. If you are using Windows XP off campus, there is a built in firewall that may interfere with electronic reserves when it is enabled. To disable the Internet Connection Firewall:
- Open Start → Settings → Network Connections.
- Click the Dial-up, LAN or High-Speed Internet connection.
- Under Network Tasks sidebar, click Change settings of this connection.
- On the Advanced tab, under Internet Connection Firewall, make sure there is no check in the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet box.
This is a default setting and cannot be altered on campus computers running Windows XP.
7. Running The UT Dallas VPN (Virtual Private Network) on your PC blocks access to most library electronic resources. Log out of VPN before trying to access electronic course reserves.
8. Students requiring Optical Character Recognition formatted documents should contact the Reserves Coordinator at 972-883-2587 or [email protected]Page Last Updated: February 1, 2020