Zimbra is the leading open source solution for enterprise, service provider, education, and government environments. A review of its features explains why:
- Web interface that behaves like traditional “fat clients,” regardless of platform
- Access from various devices: regular desktop browser, phone browser, WAP, ActiveSync.
- Robust collaborative features.
- Extremely fast, easy, and dynamic searching for email, contacts, or calendar events
- Save searches so you can use them again without typing
- Ability to access remote accounts via IMAP or POP.
- Email, Address book, Instant Messaging, Calendar,
- Organize messages with Tags
- Ability to deploy innovative, unique “Zimlets” that provide additional features and functionality
- Increased options for mail forward (keep local copy, no local copy, or just a notification of new mail.)
- Automatically saves drafts periodically while you write your email so you won’t lose it
- Easily setup mail filters
- Train anti-spam filters by dragging email into the “Junk” folder
- Automatically cleaning Trash Can
- Use Service Accounts without having to setup your email client
- Multiple window layouts (e.g. Index over Message Pane, Outlook Style – three vertical panes, Index only)
- Drag-and-Drop emails into folders
- Ability to edit Microsoft office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) in the browser.
- Ability to create and share documents online
- Check and respond to email sent to alternate email accounts WebDAV access to calendar/attachments/files
- Add RSS feeds as email folders
- File storage/sharing