Submitting and Executing an International Partnership Proposal
International agreements may be proposed by UT Dallas faculty or administrators who have established a relationship with an international university, and wish to formalize a partnership on the institutional level. Proposals are subject to the International Partnership Development protocol prior to implementation.
Developing an international agreement proposal
- Determine the type of agreement that most appropriately reflects the purpose of the relationship.
- Negotiate terms with the proposed partner institution based on the principles of establishing international partnerships and institutional templates.
- Complete an Institutional Fact Sheet. In the case of Student Exchange Program Agreement (SEPA) proposals, complete the Articulation of Transfer of Credits.
- Complete a Letter of Intent, including Dean’s signature.
- Complete an Agreement Draft, using institutional templates when possible.
Submitting an international agreement proposal
- Merge the Fact Sheet, Letter of Intent, and Agreement Draft in one PDF document. Append any pertinent supplemental details to the end of the document, as applicable.
- Submit the PDF document to the International Partnership Development Office ([email protected]).
- Once submitted to [email protected], the proposal will automatically be added to the agenda of an upcoming International Education Development Committee (IEDC) meeting. You will receive an email confirming the time and place.
- Attend the IEDC meeting, scheduled on the last Tuesday of each month at 3.30 p.m. to present the proposal.
Please note: IEDC agenda items / proposals are added on a first-come, first-added basis. Agenda items and proposals should be submitted to [email protected] no later than the previous Thursday (5 p.m. CT) to the IEDC meeting to be included in the IEDC agenda / meeting. IEDC reviews can result in several actions, including: approving as is, discussing and tabling until more information is available or asking the petitioner to re-negotiate terms of the agreement with the partner institution, and not approval.
Executing an international agreement proposal
- The International Education Development Committee (IEDC) recommends the approval of a proposed agreement, and IPD routes the recommendation and agreement draft to the Dean and the Sponsor.
- The sponsor submits the agreement to the partner institution to collect signatures.
- After the partner institution and UT Dallas Dean have signed, the sponsor routes the signed agreement to IPD -- scanned documents are acceptable.
- IPD collects the signature of the UT Dallas Provost and emails the executed agreement to the Dean and Sponsor.
- The sponsor submits the executed agreement to the partner institution.
- IPD updates institutional records such as the UT Dallas Portfolio of International Partnerships, Education Abroad systems (if applicable), and other UT Dallas records.