Fall 2020-Summer 2021 Coverage
The UT Student Health Insurance Plan (UT SHIP) is a Blue Cross Blue Shield policy made available by the UT System. Policy information and prices on the UT Dallas website refer to that policy. Blue Cross Blue Shield also has a selection of individual policies available that vary in length, coverage and price. For more information, visit utdallas.myahpcare.com.
International StudentS ONLY (F1, F2, J1, J2 VISAS) — You will be enrolled in UT SHIP automatically and will be assessed the fee when you enroll in classes. You will pay for the insurance when you pay your tuition and fee bill. You do not need to take any further action to enroll yourself in UT SHIP.
Buy Health Insurance Online
- Go to utdallas.myahpcare.com/enrollment.
- Select Enrollment > Enroll Online.
- Read the Terms & Conditions and select I Accept.
- Enter your 10 Digit UTD-ID and your date of birth.
- Select Main Campus 2015-16.
- Under Type, select Undergrad/Graduate and enter the number of semester credit hours in which you are currently enrolled.
- Enter your demographic data and click Continue.
- Enter in your remaining Details and then create an online account with a user ID and password.
- Select the Coverage Period and place your order.
Eligible students who purchase this policy may also insure their dependents. Dependent enrollment must take place at the time of student enrollment. Dependent eligibility expires concurrently with that of the insured student. Non-student dependents are not eligible for services provided by the UT Dallas Student Health Center. To enroll dependents visit the enrollment page.
Enroll Dependents Online
Beginning fall 2020 all enrollment will now be online, allowing you to enroll with more convenience and ease. All students, both domestic and international, may renew dependent coverage online by logging into your student account.
All students may enroll in dental insurance online. Medical enrollment is required in order to enroll in dental coverage.
Dependent dental insurance is available and may be added on both domestic and international enrollment forms. Students may complete dependent medical plus dental enrollment online. Dependent medical enrollment is required in order to enroll dependents in dental coverage.
Special Events Insurance
UT Dallas programs and organizations may purchase special events trip coverage for students without insurance. For information on student eligibility and enrollment procedures, please contact [email protected].