Living on or near UT Dallas offers students the chance to engage with campus activities while residing within walking distance to classes.
On Campus Housing
Many students choose to live on campus because of the convenience, security and amenities. There are three options if you choose to live on campus:
- Canyon Creek Heights – furnished apartments available to sophomore, junior, senior and graduate students
- University Village – unfurnished apartments available to sophomore, junior, senior and graduate students
- University Commons – residence halls; all first-year freshmen who choose to live on campus are required to live in University Commons; also available to sophomore, junior, senior and graduate students.
For more information about living on campus visit the University Housing webpage.
Off Campus Housing
Comet Cruisers are local buses that connect UT Dallas to multiple local housing communities. There are several Comet Cruiser routes: Route 883 East, Route 883 West, McCallum Express and Cityline/Bush Express. Many students search for accommodations along these routes, because it allows easy access to campus. In addition, students can travel to and from campus via regular Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) bus routes. Learn more about local transportation options on the on the Parking and Transportation website.
There are a variety of other housing options close to UT Dallas, but it is important to consider proximity to campus and your transportation options. To learn more about methods for selecting an apartment and the leasing procedures in Texas, watch our housing video on Youtube and Youku.
Some student organizations provide temporary housing and airport pick-ups for new students. The following international student organizations have assisted new students with these services in the past:
- Bangladesh Student Organization
- Friendship Association of Chinese Students and Scholars
- Indian Student Association
- International Christian Fellowship
- Iranian Student Community
- Taiwanese Student Association
- Vietnamese International Network of Culture, Education and Friendship (VINCEF)
See a list of hotels and residence suites near UT Dallas.
Crime Prevention and Safety Resources
The UT Dallas Police Department provides a variety of on campus crime prevention services, including home security surveys and safety escorts. Additional information and personal safety tips can be found through the Richardson Police Department and the Dallas Police Department. Learn about preventing home burglaries in apartment residences.