iFriend is a cultural exchange program where you can get involved and make new friends! International and American students are paired or grouped together to make new friends, learn from each other, and take part in cultural activities.
- Demonstrate awareness of personal strengths, weaknesses, interpersonal style, and behavioral tendencies and how they impact others.
- Demonstrate a willingness to explore different ideas, values, norms, and behaviors.
- Demonstrate interest in other cultures and the people who live them.
- Demonstrate the ability to respectfully interact with diverse populations and build relationships with people from other cultures.
Past activities have included:
- iFriend Bowling Trip
- iFriend Halloween Party
- iFriend Valentine’s Party
- iFriend Field Day
How it Works
Registration for iFriend opens on the first day of the new semester. Interested participants can register online from 1/14/2019-1/31/2019. Registration for iFriend does not guarantee acceptance. iFriends will be matched on the following criteria, in the order below:
1. Gender preference
2. Classification/Degree level
3. Academic Major
Expectations of Program Participation
Participants in iFriend are expected to commit to the following expectations:
- iFriends are expected to attend iFriend training prior to participating in the program.
- iFriends are expected to attend the iFriend Kick-off at the beginning of the semester.
- iFriends should meet at least one time per week for the entire 8 weeks of the program.
- iFriends are expected to attend the iFriend Banquet during the last week of the program.
- iFriends are expected to attend at least 1 additional iFriend event during the semester.
Questions? Email [email protected]