iFriend is a cultural exchange program where you can get involved and make new friends. International and American students are paired or grouped together to make new friends, learn from each other, and take part in cultural activities.
- Demonstrate awareness of personal strengths, weaknesses, interpersonal style and behavioral tendencies, and how they impact others.
- Demonstrate a willingness to explore different ideas, values, norms and behaviors.
- Demonstrate interest in other cultures and the people who live them.
- Demonstrate the ability to respectfully interact with diverse populations and build relationships with people from other cultures.
How it Works
Registration for iFriend opens on the first day of the new semester. Registration for iFriend does not guarantee acceptance. iFriends will be matched on the following criteria:
- Gender preference.
- Academic classification/degree level.
- Academic major.
Expectations of Program Participation
Participants in iFriend are expected to commit to the following:
all events hosted by ICP will be virtual
- Attend iFriend training prior to participating in the program.
- Attend the iFriend kick-off at the beginning of the semester.
- Meet at least one time per week for the entire eight weeks of the program.
- During the fall 2020 semester ICP encourages iFriends to meet with their iFriend virtually and not in person.
- Attend the iFriend banquet during the last week of the program.
- Attend at least one additional iFriend event during the semester.
iFriend will be virtual for the fall 2020 semester. iFriend participants will have the opportunity to attend virtual or online events and participate activities with their iFriends.
Please review fall 2020 Community Guidelines
Some highlights include:
- You may be paired with an iFriend who is currently living in a different time zone as you. When planning virtual meetings and events, please be aware of your iFriend’s time zone and make plans accordingly. Use a time zone convertor to help coordinate meetings.
- iFriends will not be expected to meet in person, and should plan all meet ups virtually
- All iFriends should adhere to the Student Code of Conduct
Questions? Email [email protected]