iFriend is a cultural exchange program where you can get involved and make new friends. International and American students are paired or grouped together to make new friends, learn from each other, and take part in cultural activities.Apply Today
- Demonstrate awareness of personal strengths, weaknesses, interpersonal style and behavioral tendencies, and how they impact others.
- Demonstrate a willingness to explore different ideas, values, norms and behaviors.
- Demonstrate interest in other cultures and the people who live them.
- Demonstrate the ability to respectfully interact with diverse populations and build relationships with people from other cultures.
How it Works
Registration for iFriend opens on the first day of the new semester. Interested participants can register online. Registration for iFriend does not guarantee acceptance. iFriends will be matched on the following criteria:
- Gender preference.
- Academic classification/degree level.
- Academic major.
Expectations of Program Participation
Participants in iFriend are expected to commit to the following:
- Attend iFriend training prior to participating in the program.
- Attend the iFriend kick-off at the beginning of the semester.
- Meet at least one time per week for the entire eight weeks of the program.
- Attend the iFriend banquet during the last week of the program.
- Attend at least one additional iFriend event during the semester.
Questions? Email [email protected]