Pilot Program for Enrolling Students from Mexico
Texas Education Code 54.231 allows eligible Mexican students to apply for an award which allows them to pay the same tuition as residents of the State of Texas when enrolling at The University of Texas at Dallas. To be eligible for this award, the student must:
- Be a Mexican citizen.
- Present sufficient proof of financial need.
- Hold a minimum academic 3.0 GPA.
- Be accepted in a full time academic program or be a current full time student (F1 or J1 visa).
- Plan to return to Mexico upon completion of the education program.
Deadline for Fall semester: May 1
Deadline for Spring semester: November 1
Eligible students must complete the online application: Online application form
In the application, students will be required to submit:
- Copy of proof of citizenship (passport or birth certificate).
- Supplemental financial support documents. Examples of financial support documents include: copy of bank statement, scholarship letter, UT Dallas assistantship letter, or government funding support letter.
Notes and restrictions:
This program is restricted in accordance to Texas legislation. Students must maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher. Applications must be submitted by the deadline date. Notification of awards will take place within one month after the deadline date. For additional notes and conditions, please consult the PPESM Guide.
For questions, please contact [email protected]
For more information, please consult:
- UT Dallas PPESM Guide
- College for All Texans,
- Texas Education Code 54.231,
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) Title 19, Part 1, Chapter 21, Subchapter BB,