Mexican Council of Science and Technology (CONACYT) – UT Dallas Program
Mexican students may apply for sponsorship to pursue graduate programs at UT Dallas under the auspices of the CONACYT – UT Dallas partnership. The program focuses on supporting Mexican students to pursue Ph.D. programs in the field of science and technology. To be eligible for this award, the student must:
- Be a Mexican citizen.
- Be accepted in a full time graduate degree program at UT Dallas.
- Satisfy CONACYT requirements for the CONACYT – UT Dallas scholarship.
If the student is awarded by CONACYT, he / she must follow these instructions:
- To submit CONACYT Scholarship Certificate to the UT Dallas Office of International Partnership Development.
- To apply for the Pilot Program for Enrolling Mexican Students (PPEMS) to be eligible for in-state tuition.
- To maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (1-4 scale).
- To maintain a good immigration status, including full time enrollment.
Notes and restrictions:
- The length of UT Dallas- CONACYT scholarship program is for five years for Ph.D. program.
- For Ph.D. programs, CONACYT sponsors the first four years of the program, including in-state tuition and fees, living expenses, and a stipend for health insurance. UT Dallas sponsors the fifth year through teaching or research assistantships, including in-state tuition and living expenses.
- Students are responsible for UT Dallas admission application fee(s), complete sponsorship of health insurance, and immigration fees when applicable such as SEVIS fee(s).
- In some individual instances, the CONACYT sponsorship of tuition is limited to a maximum amount per academic year. If so, the student is responsible for any difference to cover full time tuition.
UT Dallas Contact Information:
Director of International Education
800 W. Campbell Road
Student Services Building (SSB) 3.400
Richardson, TX 75083-0688