Skip to Main Content. Access key M.
Skip to Main Navigation. Access key N.
Skip to Sub-Navigation. Access key O.

UT Dallas - Human Resources

Sub-Navigation with the primary navigation element displayed first

Change in Your Employment

Employees changing from part-time to full-time or non-benefit eligible to benefit eligible have 31 days to make certain insurance changes. Or, if your spouse or child has an employment change, you have 31 days to change your insurance. If you are leaving the University, please read "Terminating Your Employment".

What do you need to do?

If you or your covered family member has a change in employment that requires a change in your insurance coverage, you must contact your Benefits Rep. Changes to your medical plan must be consistent with the qualifying event, e.g. if you gain a dependent you may not drop your coverage. Please keep in mind, some changes may require evidence of insurability (EOI), that is, proof of good health.

Required forms:

Benefits to Consider

When your employment status changes, you may want to review all your insurance plans. Your Benefits Rep can help you determine which coverages you may change/enroll/cancel.

Contact Us

E-mail us at or to speak with your Benefits Representative, click on the above Contact Us link. We strive to respond to calls and e-mails within one business day throughout most of the year. During our peak periods however, it may take two business days for us to respond. Peak periods include the start and end of each semester and the month of July.