The clinical services of the Student Health Center provide for both primary and preventative health care and include the following:
- Treatment of chronic stabilized diseases (copy of medical record and current treatment is required)
- Non-insulin dependent diabetes.
- Diagnosis and treatment of general medical illnesses.
- Minor emergency care.
- Routine check-up and sports physicals (some restrictions may apply).
- Certain immunizations (i.e. Influenza vaccine; Meningitis vaccine; TB skin test; Tetanus, etc.).
- STD screening and treatment.
- Pelvic exams.
- Birth control.
- Pregnancy counseling.
- Referrals for x-ray, ultrasound, MRI and other specialized tests.
- Laboratory testing for diagnostic purposes (accepts orders from outside physicians).
- Allergy injections.
- Gardasil (men and women ages 9-26).
- Pharmacy services*.
Students may be referred to outside medical providers for more serious problems that exceed the Student Health Center's capabilities.
*The Student Health Center now offers additional pharmacy services through Arapaho Pharamacy. Prescriptions are delivered to the Student Health Center once a day for students to pick up. For more information, contact the Student Health Center at 972-883-2747.
Fees and Insurance
The Student Health Center serves only currently enrolled students of UT Dallas who have paid the required medical services fee. This medical fee allows students to schedule office visits at no additional cost.
Nominal fees are assessed for:
- Lab work.
- Some medical supplies.
- Other procedures determined to be necessary by the medical provider.
Students must pay for these types of services at the time they are provided. Students who have purchased the UT Student Health Insurance Plan (UT SHIP) are not required to make payment at the time they receive services. The Student Health Center fills insurance claims directly with Blue Cross Blue Shield on behalf of students who are covered by the plan. Services received at the UT Dallas Student Health Center are 100 percent covered by the UT SHIP.
Students who have chosen not to purchase the UT SHIP will continue to be required to make payment at the time they receive services.
Students Under 18
Students under the age of 18 must have a signed and notarized Consent for Treatment Form on file with the Student Health Center in order to receive medical services.