Rules to live by…
The Associate Vice President for Facilities Management is charged with the responsibility for the design, construction and maintenance of the University’s buildings and grounds. To achieve this, the following objectives must be met:
- University facilities must be designed, constructed, renovated and maintained in accordance with the International Building Code (IBC), the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- The design, construction, renovation, maintenance and repair of University facilities must be accomplished in a manner consistent with the University’s master plan, its standards of quality and aesthetics, and environmental health and safety standards.
- The public and private investment in the University’s facilities must be protected by providing appropriate control over the manner in which they are maintained and renovated.
- The University’s records of its facilities must be kept current.
- The work performed on University facilities must be done by qualified tradesmen in accordance with legal requirements.