Apply for Scholarship
The student must:
- be admitted to the University,
- be an undergraduate student enrolling for the first time at UT Dallas as a full-time student in the fall semester of the application year,
- have a record of academic merit in high school or community college,
- have a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale if transferring from community college,
- have financial need as determined by the UT Dallas Financial Aid Office,
- complete the financial aid application (FAFSA or TAFSA),
- submit an essay on the topic indicated on the application,
- must attend a Freshman or Transfer Student Orientation session,
- participate in regular Diversity Scholars Program academic check-in meetings after enrolling in the University, and
- volunteer at least five hours for the Office of Diversity and Community Engagement each semester.
UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its programs and activities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, admission, and enrollment. For more information, contact the Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance.
The scholarship application links are located in the Application Links section.
Please have the following information available while you are completing your application:
- UTD Net-ID (abc123456)
- Basic Personal and Scholarship Information
- Resume (as a PDF or Microsoft Word document)
- Responses to the Essay Prompts:
- Diversity can be defined as differences in ethnicity, culture, orientation, religion, socioeconomic status, gender, age, ability, experience and thought. How will you make UT Dallas more diverse? (500 words or less)
- How will this scholarship assist me in obtaining my college degree? Describe any specific financial challenges or extenuating circumstances that will prevent you from completing your degree. (500 words or less)
- Optional: Discuss your short- and long-term (academic and/or non-academic) goals. (250 words or less)
For frequently asked questions about the scholarship, please visit the Scholarship FAQs.
Letter of Recommendation Submission
Please upload a scanned Letter of Recommendation as a Microsoft Word or an Adobe PDF file to the following link:
2019-2020 scholarship applications deadlines must be received by the following deadlines:
- First Time in College Students: Friday, February 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time
- Transfer Students: Monday, April 1, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time
Applications received after this date will not be considered. No Late Applications Will Be Accepted.