Get a Comet Card
Come to the Comet Card Office to obtain your first card. We recommend that students wait at least 48 hours from when they registered for classes for the current or future semester.
Students must bring the following documents:
- Proof of registration for the current or upcoming semester (printout of class schedule or screenshot from a mobile device).
- A current government issued photo ID from the list below is required:
- US Driver's License
- State Identification Card
- Military ID
- Passport (US or Foreign)
- Paper, expired, or photos of IDs will not be accepted
Faculty, Staff and Affiliate Comet Cards must be requested via the eCat system.
eCAT request form is for new hire and rehired employees and is not to be used for replacement of lost or damaged cards.
Comet Cards or other ID badges must be requested in person 5 minutes prior to closing.
Your Comet Card has real value. It is important to take good care of it and protect it at all times. Please do not:
- Bend or write on the card
- Scratch the magnetic stripe
- Place stickers on card
- Punch holes in card
- Use card as a tool
- Expose card to extreme heat
Comet Card Protectors are available for $1.75 and replacement card sleeves are free.
It is the responsibility of the cardholder to report a lost card. The University is not responsible for any loss or expense incurred from the misuse of your card.
Card replacements are issued at the Comet Card Office for a $20 fee. Replaced cards cannot be reactivated and will be confiscated if used. A new photo must be taken if the current photo is older than one year.