Comet Camp is a three-day, two-night adventure giving students the opportunity to have fun, make friends and jumpstart their college life at UT Dallas.
Camps are led by Orientation Leaders who want to share their enthusiasm and insight. Students will get to participate in events and activities that will highlight campus involvement, UT Dallas traditions, relationships, communication and success in college.
At Comet Camp, you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about UT Dallas Traditions, such as the Whoosh
- Participate in team building activities with a small group
- Hear tips about relationships, communication and success in college from university faculty and staff
- Have time to chill at the pool with fellow freshmen
- Showcase your skills at the talent show and demonstrate your dance moves at the Galaxy Bash
How To Register
The fee for Comet Camp is $150 and includes lodging, meals, and all Comet Camp activities. Comet Camp is held off campus at Glen Lake Camp, transportation to and from Comet Camp will be provided. Registration for Comet Camp will open in spring 2017.
Please note that the fee is not refundable.
Students who register to attend Comet Camp will receive session information by email. All email communication will be sent to the student's UT Dallas email address.
Return release forms by email [email protected], fax (972-883-6183, attl. New Student Programs) or drop them off in person. New Student Programs is located in the Student Services Building Room 3.600.
Items To Bring
- No more than one small suitcase and one carry-on bag
- Cool, comfortable clothing (cotton T-shirts and shorts)
- Closed toed shoes for outdoor activities
- Insect repellent and sun screen
- Bed roll (blanket and twin-sized sheets) or sleeping bag
- Towel and washcloth
- Flip-flops to wear in shower
- Snacks (meals are at 7:45 a.m., 12 noon and 5 p.m.)
- A good attitude
- Swimsuit and beach towel (no two-piece swimsuits allowed unless covered by shirt)
- Apparel for the neon-themed Galaxy Bash dance
- Props for talent show
Glen Lake Camp does not allow the use of alcohol and/or tobacco products or inappropriate clothing (including two-piece swimsuits) on their property.
"Going to Comet Camp was one of the best decisions I made before officially attending UT Dallas. I made so many friends during the ropes course, Galaxy Bash and Slime Olympics. If you want to meet cool people and have a ton of fun, attend Comet Camp!"
Anna Morales, class of 2015, biomedical engineering, Houston, Texas
"I didn't know anyone coming into UT Dallas and was really apprehensive about going to Comet Camp, but by the end of it I was very happy with my decision. It was a truly great experience, introduced me to many great friends and helped me see what UT Dallas was all about."
Evan Gordon, class of 2014, biochemistry, Tyler, Texas
"I came to UT Dallas with a lot of other kids from my high school and I really wanted to branch out and meet some new people in college. Comet Camp was a great way to do this! Everyone was super friendly and I met so many cool people."
Melissa Glasgow, class of 2014, mechanical engineering, Friendswood, Texas
"Comet Camp was great! I met my roommates and people that I'm still friends with to this day. It was a great way to meet people before school started, since I didn't know anyone before coming to school here."
Jacqueline Bonnette, class of 2013, speech pathology/audiology, The Woodlands, Texas