The UT Dallas Cheerleaders is a co-ed team whose primary focus is to elevate school spirit on campus. The cheerleaders can be found leading the crowd in both the fall and spring semesters at women's volleyball or at men's and women's basketball games. They can also be seen at many campus events with special performances during Welcome Week and Homecoming. In the spring, the cheerleaders compete at the NCA Collegiate National Championship in Daytona, FL.
Tryout dates and times are coming soon. Tryouts will take place in the Activity Center Main Gym. Each person trying out will need to perform jumps, standing and running tumbling, stunts, and the UT Dallas fight song and cheer (taught during tryouts). Students can try out for large co-ed, small co-ed and all-girl squads. Teams will be determined based on numbers and ability.
- Males – Athletic shorts, shoes and T-shirt. Please be "game day" presentable.
- Females – Cheer shoes, spankies, sports bra, bow. Make up done, hair half-up half-down.
- Incoming freshmen are eligible to tryout.
- Transfer students with 2.0 GPA or higher are eligible to tryout.
- UT Dallas students must be enrolled full-time (12 hours) in order to tryout.
- All required paperwork (proof of admission, proof of insurance, application and one letter of recommendation) must be submitted along with a $20 non-refundable fee.
Interested in joining? Download and complete the following documents:
Since UT Dallas is a NCAA Division III school, we do not offer scholarships for cheerleading. The University does pay for all uniforms, camp, and travel expenses to games. Uniform expenses paid for by the University include:
- Practice gear
- Three uniforms
Cheerleaders at UT Dallas also enjoy priority enrollment, which means you are the first to enroll per semester no matter your classification.
Request an appearance for cheerleaders to attend your event.