Searching for Internships
Searching for and obtaining an appropriate internship may not be a quick process. We encourage you to begin searching for internships at least one full semester in advance of when you would like to start. You are encouraged to utilize as many resources as possible in searching for an appropriate internship position.
CometCareers is one place for you to search for internship positions. We work with many employers to post a variety of positions for students in all majors.
Students will only have access to internships in CometCareers AFTER attending an Internship or CPT Information Session. To search for internships in CometCareers.
- Log in to your CometCareers account.
- Scroll over to the "Opportunities” tab on the menu bar
- Select Internship/Co-op Jobs
- You will see a list of internship opportunities
- Click on the Job ID and read the job description and qualifications carefully
- Submit your resume ONLY to those positions for which you are ELIGIBLE, QUALIFIED, and HAVE AN INTEREST. There may be internships that you are eligible and qualified to apply for, but are of no interest to you.
Remember, you MUST report your internship in CometCareers when you have accepted a position. If you have received an internship offer but have never attended an Information Session, please contact us immediately to find out the next steps.
When searching in CometCareers, you should also click on “Jobs with Interview Schedules” to find out if any employers will be conducting on-campus interviews for internship opportunities. To learn more about on-campus interviewing, please see Interviewing.