Eligibility and Process
- Be registered and currently enrolled in a UT Dallas academic, degree-seeking program with a declared major.
- Be in good academic standing (2.0 cumulative GPA for undergraduate students and 3.0 cumulative GPA for graduate students.)
- Have completed at least one semester at UT Dallas. In addition, undergraduate students must have at least 24 hours completed (including transfer hours) and graduate students must have at least 6 hours completed. (You may begin the internship process if you anticipate being eligible the following semester.)
- Meet any additional requirements or conditions imposed by your academic department or school.
- Students in the Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science must contact the IPP office for internships and do not need to complete the Career Center's internship process.
Graduate students are not eligible for an internship in the same semester they are working as a Teaching Assistant or a Research Assistant.
Once you have accepted an internship offer, submit your experience request through Handshake following these steps.
- Log into Handshake at utdallas.joinhandshake.com using your NetID and Password.
- From the top menu bar select Career Center > Experiences > Request an Experience.
- Choose the appropriate Experience Type and the Term in which your internship will be taking place.
- Fill out the remainder of the request form paying close attention to all questions.
- Once you have finished the request form and clicked submit you MUST upload your Job Description, Offer Letter and any other documentation required by your school. To do this, click the New Attachment button on the left side of your screen and choose the appropriate documents.
Once you have submitted your experience request and all required documentation, please allow 7-10 business days for your experience to be approved. During the approval process you may be contacted if additional information or changes are needed. You will be notified once the experience has been successfully approved.