Employer Office Hours
Take advantage of the opportunity to connect with students and be a "Career Advisor for a Day." This is not meant to be a recruiting event, but instead a way to build your brand and increase your visibility on campus.
This is a great way to give back and assist students with their career exploration. Employer representatives can include: recruiters, partners, managers, or UT Dallas Alumni.
The Office Hours are located in the Career Center and give students the opportunity to meet with a professional in their field of interest in a less formal, informational interview setting. Office Hours are generally held for a 3 hour period. The Career Center handles scheduling students for appointments (30 minutes or less) or, if requested by the employer, can advertise the visit for students to participate in a walk-in basis.
Requests should be made two weeks in advance if possible, and approvals will be granted on a first-come, space-available basis. Interested employers should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Preferred date and time frame (3 hours or more)
- Any preferred criteria for students (e.g. major, year in school, etc.)
- Names/titles of organization representatives
- Preference for seeing students who are scheduled or on a walk-in basis
- Preferred length for each meeting (15-30 minutes)