The Budget Office is part of the Budget and Finance division of The University of Texas at Dallas.
The Mission of the Budget Office is to contribute to prudent financial management of The University of Texas at Dallas by facilitating the development and administration of the annual university operating budget consistent with the strategic plan of the institution, leading in preparation of the university's biennial request for legislative appropriations, monitoring fiscal impact of proposed legislation, and preparation of various budget and financial reports as required by various state agencies and internal management.
Primary Responsibilities of the Budget Office
- Provide leadership in the development and administration of the institution's annual operating budget;
- Provide periodic reports to facilitate budget management by operating units, Deans, members of the President's Cabinet, and others;
- Provide counsel to President, members of the President's Cabinet, Deans, and those responsible for financial management of operating units relative to budget issues;
- Maintain Human Resources System and Budget Information System - performing daily data entry of Human Resource and Budget transactions;
- Manage budget control system to encourage prudent financial management; and
- Manage University Signature Authority System.
Institutional Communications Related to Legislative Budgetary Issues
- Coordinate preparation of the institution's biennial request for legislative appropriations;
- Lead in institutional analysis of fiscal impact of proposed legislation during legislative session; and
- Coordinate/prepare responses to requests for various ad hoc fiscal reports during legislative session.
Budget and Financial Planning
- Prepare various reports and surveys related to budget data and financial planning of the university as required by the U.T. System, State Auditor, State Comptroller, Legislature, Legislative Budget Board, Coordinating Board, and Governor's Office.
Last Updated: March 27, 2012