University Web Services offers a variety of templates for school and departmental use. The templates offer the following features:
- UT Dallas graphic headers
- Standardized treatment and placement of global and site-specific navigation elements, site titles, headings, subheadings, primary content and sidebars
- Preferred font families
- Color palette
- Style sheets that ensure optimal display on a wide variety of browsers and platforms, including small screens
The UT Dallas templates are flexible enough to serve the University's wide variety of constituencies. Selections from one, two or three tiers of navigation bars may be made to suit small, medium or large Web sites. Schools and departments with Web developers will be able to "hit the ground running" producing finished pages from templates, while Web Services can provide Web specialists to help those without formal Web development training.
Most of the technical concerns site managers have are resolved by using the templates, allowing the freedom to focus on the content.
Who Should Use the Templates?
- Administrative units
- Primary constituent organizations (Student Government, Academic Senate and Staff Council)
- Research centers
- Professional Web pages created for faculty, staff and administrators
- Web pages of educational and research consortia headquartered at UT Dallas (but not solely UT Dallas entities) to indicate their UT Dallas affiliations
May Not Be Used
- Any Web page not affiliated officially with the University
- Web pages of registered UT Dallas student organizations
- Personal Web pages of University employees or students
- Any application hosted outside of the Web cluster (host) professionally managed by Information Resources