We recommend you follow this guide of activities that need to be completed before attending Texas BEST.
- Complete Team Registration quickly after your local competition. Our online registration process will email the contact person their Order Confirmation after the contact selects his/her team’s compliance, practice, and marketing presentation time slots.
- Upload your project notebook by the listed deadline for your hub.
- Start the process of collecting Medical, Talent and Liability Release Form (PDF) for your team (all team members, including coaches/mentors). Mail your waivers to the address listed on our Contact Us page or scan/upload at least a week before competition.
- Make your hotel and travel arrangements. If you are booking a bus, check with the company about how long the driver can be on duty without having to take a break. Many states have laws regarding driving-time limitations for bus drivers.
- Download and read the Championship Handbook carefully and even make copies for other key people, particularly noting the information found in Pit Protocol & Information and the General Information & Important Notes sections.
- Determine one adult who will be responsible for receiving any emergency phone calls that may occur from home while your team is at Texas BEST. Provide that person’s cell phone number to parents, school officials and others as you see fit. Texas BEST and the University of Texas at Dallas cannot be responsible for such calls. In addition, please have the BEST Release Form and Medical Information and Release signed by a parent or guardian, in your possession, in case emergency medical attention is necessary.
- Texas BEST Conclusion: We have many teams coming from far away that need to leave as soon as possible after Texas BEST comes to an end. We assure you we are conscious of this in putting together the schedule and will do everything possible to stick to our time line. However, the schedule does not always work out as planned. Be aware that the number of competition rounds for the robots may need to be reduced in order to complete Texas BEST on time.