Sculpting a Nano “World”
How many earths can fit on the end of a pin? If your using IBM Zurich’s newest nano-fabrication tool apparently about a hundred. Or close to a thousand if you prefer your scale comparisons to a grain of rice. Using a heated atomic scale silicon probe, scientists at IBM have created a precise method for etching and even sculpting materials on the nanoscale.
More From emac
- Media Studies after Watson
- Meet Ellen Curtis – Graduate Advisor for EMAC & ATEC
- Audience Research in the New Media Landscape: Current Assessment and Future Directions
- Not Seeing Is Believing: Critical Practice as Ideological Ophthalmology
- Dr. Johnson Goes to Washington: Tweeting the State of the Union