Enhancing Collaboration Between the Arts, Sciences and Engineering
Roger Malina, Distinguished Professor of Arts and Technology and Professor of Physics at UT Dallas, will lead a discussion at Hexagram-Concordia Centre for Research-Creation in Media Arts and Technologies and attempt to shed light on the concepts of efficiency and acceleration when researchers from the arts, humanities and engineering work collaboratively.
Malina will discuss what is new in the emerging and rapidly growing field of art-science collaboration, and examine some of the obstacles and opportunities that are appearing. The discussion will be held Friday, Nov. 16.
This event is the first of Hexagram | CIAM’s 2012-13 public programming with a new partnership with PHI Center, which focuses on their complementary mandates, bringing academic research-creation and quality dissemination to the Montreal community.
More From Faculty
- ATEC Team Developing Virtual Teachers to Help Dyslexic Students
- EMAC Professor Kim Knight to Kick Off ‘Viruses, Vectors and Values’ Lecture Series
- ATEC School Draws Upon New Professors’ Skills to Build Programs
- ATEC Professor Joins International Artists in an Exhibition on the Art of Resistance
- ATEC Colloquia to feature Harvard University Physics Department Artist-in-Residence