Access to the SP/N Gallery
The SP/N Gallery is open to UT Dallas classes by appointment only. The gallery is closed to the public.
To reduce the spread of COVID-19, visitors must comply with the Usage of Shared Spaces and Health & Safety Guidelines below, which include completing a health check prior to visiting Shared Spaces (such as art or music spaces) at the UT Dallas campus.
Access is only approved for UTD ARTS classes and instructors by reservation only—read the full details below. Public access is denied.
Usage of Shared Spaces
Shared Spaces are defined as art or music spaces where individuals routinely interact with each other in the same space, such as the SPN Gallery, piano labs, the painting/drawing room, the sculpture room, the design room or other areas where students may need to share keyboards or other equipment, or gather in small enrolled-class groups to view art. To the greatest extent possible, individuals should continue to work from home; in particular, all vulnerable individuals are encouraged to continue to work from home. Students should be aware that depending on the situation, such as an outbreak of COVID-19 or Stay Home executive orders, access to these spaces may be reduced or eliminated within a short amount of time. Signage should be placed in strategic and relevant areas to remind student, faculty and staff of the health & safety guidelines required to remain compliant.
Health & Safety Guidelines
Prior to coming to campus, individuals must self-screen for any of the following new or worsening signs or symptoms of possible COVID-19 infection, and must include new signs/symptoms among their household members:
- Cough, shortness of breath, persistent pain/pressure in their chest, chills, repeated shaking with chills, runny nose or new sinus congestion, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, fatigue, new GI symptoms (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea), new loss of taste or smell, a fever great than 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit, or known close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19.
- If you or your household members have any of the symptoms do not come on campus. Staff and faculty should contact their immediate supervisor as soon as reasonably possible. Students should contact the Dean of Students Office and their instructors. Follow the guidelines on the UT Dallas Covid-19 website in the case of a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19. The Office of Emergency Management and Continuity Planning (OEMCP) will provide additional guidance regarding individual and facilities follow-up actions that may be needed.
- Every individual must maintain and regularly update a list of substantive and known face-to-face interactions that they have had on campus for the preceding two weeks prior to using a shared space. In the case of a coronavirus infection, this list should be made available to university personnel.
- As more robust contact tracing solutions become available, additional information will be provided to the UT Dallas community. Utilizing these resources will be strongly encouraged as they will be a key strategy for preventing further spread of COVID-19.
Social Distancing & Spacing
- CDC guidelines for social distancing of 6 feet or greater must be maintained.
- Shared spaces will abide by standard room caps established by the University at all times.
- Maintaining appropriate fire barriers and life safety protections in buildings and work spaces is critical. Furniture or other items that are rearranged to support physical distancing cannot block or diminish paths of travel (aisles, hallways, corridors), or in any way hinder access to egress doors. Personnel and units must not prop open or inhibit the operation of doors, especially doors that are designed to be self-closing for fire safety or security purposes.
- Wash/sanitize hands frequently. At a minimum, this includes before entering and upon leaving a shared space.
- When available, use soap and water and scrub hands for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol and cover all hand surfaces and rub until dry.
- Cough/sneeze into a tissue. Dispose of used tissues immediately into a trashcan and then wash hands. If there are no tissues available, cough/sneeze into the crook of your elbow, not your hands.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, and mouth. This can accelerate the spread of infection.
- Face masks/face coverings must be worn at all times in shared spaces.
- If disposable gloves are worn by students, gloves must be discarded after each use. Do not wear the same gloves in public spaces/common areas as in the shared spaces, to prevent cross-contamination.
- Gloves must be removed properly after use.
- If masks are not worn, the shared space is not allowed to remain open.
Specific to SP/N Gallery
- ARTS classes that wish to visit the SPN Gallery must make reservations by contacting Greg Metz and Brian Scott.
- Only UTD ARTS classes (enrolled students) and instructors are allowed.
- Reservations will be approved on a first come, first served basis. There will be a minimum of three hours between visits to allow for airing and disinfecting the gallery spaces.
- Requests for reservations will be responded to within two business days. Approval must be granted for a reservation to be complete.
- Tours are only allowed for UTD ARTS classes by reservation only.
- 5 students will be allowed to enter the space at one time (instructor and one gallery representative can be present with the 5 students).
- If the visiting class has more than 5 students, the class should be separated into smaller groups with staggered arrival and departure times.
- If the above case, 15 minutes should be allowed between groups for the purpose of airing the space and disinfecting touch surfaces.
Disinfecting Spaces & Equipment
- Gallery staff must disinfect doorknobs and other touch surfaces before and after tours.
- Gallery staff must document on a work sheet that the cleaning and disinfecting was done prior to and following tours.
- If disinfecting wipes are not available or disinfection protocol is not being followed, the shared space is not allowed to remain open.