New Hourly Employees

General Information

  1. You must meet with Dena Davis within the first three days of your start/hire date. (Federal laws requires us to verify your I9 documentation prior to the end of the 3rd day.)

  2. Hourly (also called semi-monthly) employees are paid on the 5th and 20th of each month. If the 5th or 20th falls on a weekend, then hourly employees will be paid on the following business day.

  3. As a semi-monthly employee, you are paid an hourly rate and are paid only for the hours you submit on your timesheet.

  4. Your supervisor must approve the number of hours you work each week before you work them. Your supervisor has a limited amount of funds that he/she may use towards wages and they cannot authorize you to work more than they can afford to pay.

  5. Even if he/she has the funding, your supervisor cannot authorize you to work more than 19.5 hours per week, except in rare situations. (You cannot work more than 19.5 hours per week on an ongoing basis.)

  6. If you are on an F1 visa, you cannot ever work more than 20 hours per week. To do so may jeopardize your visa status.

Time Sheets

  • You must submit a timesheet to your supervisor before you will be paid.
  • If you do not submit a timesheet on the due date, you will not be paid until the following pay period.
  • It is illegal to falsify hours on your timesheet. Your supervisor cannot authorize you to report hours which you do not work. Reporting hours which you do not work jeopardizes UTD's ability to receive federal funds for grants and for the federal work-study program.
  • It is also illegal for your supervisor to ask you to work "off the clock." If your supervisor requires you to work, then you must report the hours.
  • Hourly Timesheet
  • Due Dates

Your timesheet must be given to Michelle Lemon in JO 4.503 (with your supervisor's signature already on it) by 5 pm on the due date.

Getting onto payroll

All of the forms below are required in order to add you to the UTD payroll system. Please complete the forms, print them, sign them and bring them to Dena Davis before your third day of employment.
If you have worked on campus in the preceding six months, you are not required to complete these forms again.
**Don't forget to also bring your original social security card and the documents you choose to use for the I-9 (instructions included with form below). Copies are not acceptable.**