Chart of Accounts
- Cost Center categories
- Short description table added for Fees
- Additional Acronyms added
- Additional Abbreviations added
- Sponsor Abbreviations Table added
- Short Descriptions added based on Fund code or Cost center description
Chart of accounts consist of all chartfield values used to record accounting transactions (Cost Center, Fund, Account, Function, Department, Program, Project and Activity).
An account is a five digit code assigned to each accounting transaction in order to categorize activity for reporting purposes.
Function codes are expense classifications established to report expenses in financial statements and to categorize expenses for calculating indirect cost reimbursement rates on sponsored projects for Indirect Cost Proposals.
The fund group identifies and categorizes the source of funding for a Cost Center.