Documentation Guidelines for Applicants and Admitted Students
Submitting Documents When You Apply
To avoid processing delays, upload the following documents within your online application:
- Copy of your official transcript.
- Official GRE/GMAT test score.
- Official English proficiency test (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, ELS 112).
- Other supplemental documents such as your essay, resume and letter of recommendation.
If you upload a copy of your documents within your online application, you do not need to submit another copy within the application or in Galaxy – doing so will cause delays in processing your application. If you have submitted your application and still need to submit your essay, resume or letter of recommendation, you may upload a copy through the Admissions Forms folder in Galaxy. Transcripts and test scores submitted with your application are considered unofficial but will suffice to review your application for an admission decision.
If you are granted admission, you will need to submit official copies of your documents to the Office of Admission and Enrollment before you are allowed to enroll in class.
Applications and all supporting documents and transcripts must be postmarked by the application and documentation deadline.
File Requirements for Uploading Documents
- PDF file, scanned and saved. Photos are not acceptable.
- File size should be 10MB or less
- Resolution should be legible but no more than 300dpi.
- Black and white scans only.
- Scans must be of your official and original document that was issued by the registrar. Online printouts, grade reports or unofficial transcripts are not acceptable.
- Files cannot be password-protected, encrypted or have a digital signature.
- If you download a document (i.e. PDF) from an institution or testing agency, rescan the document before uploading it, as these documents are typically encrypted.
- Upload each document separately.
- Transcripts with several pages should be uploaded as one file. Include all pages, front and back, in the correct order according to the transcript legend.
- Preview your documents during the uploading process to ensure the scan quality is readable.
Individual graduate programs may require additional documentation and/or test scores. Contact the program to which you have applied in order to confirm program requirements. After you have been admitted, you may have additional requirements that must be met before you can register for classes.
Submitting Documents After You're Admitted
To be considered official, your documents must be delivered to UT Dallas directly from the sending institution or testing agency.
Submit TOEFL scores and graduate admission examination scores, such as the GRE and GMAT, electronically using school code 6897. Consult the English proficiency requirements for instructions on how to submit other English proficiency scores.
We recommend you submit your official transcripts and diploma/degree certificates after admission using one of the following electronic uploading systems:
- Parchment – CHESICC
- Parchment – TrueCopy
- National Student Clearinghouse
- Credentials Solutions
- Standardization of Postsecondary Education Data Exchange (SPEEDE)
- Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS)
- WES International Credential Advantage Package (ICAP)
If your college/university or testing agency does not support sending official documents electronically, the documents should be mailed to our mailing address in a sealed envelope by the issuing institution:
The University of Texas at Dallas
Admission and Enrollment
800 W Campbell Rd
Richardson TX 75080-3021
Your official academic documents will be compared to the documents you uploaded with your application. Any documents submitted to UT Dallas deemed to be false or altered could lead to the cancellation of your application and/or withdrawal of your offer of admission.