To be eligible for the Academic Bridge program,
high school students must:
- Be admitted to UT Dallas
- Be ranked in the top 20 percent of their high school senior class
- Have graduated from a high school in the Dallas, DeSoto, Duncanville, Lancaster and other urban school districts
- Demonstrate potential for success at UT Dallas through an interview-based screening process
- Have a combined SAT 1 score of 800 or above (math and critical reading)
- Take and pass the Texas Higher Education Assessment (THEA) Test by the opening of the Bridge program (the first week of June)
To apply to UT Dallas and the Academic Bridge program, you must do the following:
1. Discuss the Academic Bridge program and UT Dallas with a guidance counselor.
2. Apply to UT Dallas through the regular admissions process and contact ABP Director Soli Ghirmai at [email protected]
3. Send the following materials in one large envelope to the Academic Bridge office by March 11, 2016.
- The ABP application. Download application here. Please type all information.
- A one-page, typed essay stating why you would like to attend UT Dallas and how the Academic Bridge program will benefit your educational goals.
- A signed and sealed letter of recommendation from your guidance counselor, teacher or high school counselor.
Mail the envelope to:
Soli Ghirmai, director
Academic Bridge Program
800 W. Campbell Road, HH34
Richardson, Texas 75080-3021
4. Upon receipt of the completed application and determination of eligibility, you will receive a letter or telephone call to schedule an interview.